Seneca County Human Resource Association (SCHRA) was formed to provide professional development workshops, hear knowledgeable speakers, receive legislative updates, and networking opportunities to those professionals working in a variety of human resource capacities.
Past speakers include:
- Jana Martin, Mercy Hospital – Wellness in the Workplace
- National Machinery Tour/Recruiting Skilled Trades
- Chuck Boyer, METRICH – Drugs in the Workplace
- Robin Reaves, Firelands Counseling & Recovery Services – Mental Issues in the Workplace
- Jim Yates, Eastman & Smith – FLSA Regulations
- Tally Gallogy, Summit EAP – “What is a Critical Incident in the Workplace (CISM), and how can an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) help?”
- Steven Seasly, Hahn Law – Drafting Employee Handbook
- Tom Dixon, Eastman & Smith – Legal Update
- Dave Tippett, Employer’s Association – “How the Grinch Stole Appreciation at Work (and How to Get it Back)”
Monthly meetings are held throughout the year, generally in the Tiffin area, on the third Tuesday of the month at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $10 for members and $20 for non-members. You can fill out the 2015 SCHRA membership form here. For more information contact Beth Hannam at email@example.com.
Participating businesses include:
- Manufacturing: American Fine Sinter, Ameriwood, Autolite, Ballreich’s Potato Chips, Callie’s Performance Products, Church & Dwight, Precision Automotive Plastics, Laminate Technologies, MTD Products, National Machinery, Roppe, SMI Crankshaft, Taiho Corporation of America, Tiffin Metal Products, Toledo Molding and Die and Webster Industries.
- Healthcare: Community Hospice Care, ECI (Encouraging and Celebrating Independence) Inc, Firelands Counseling and Recovery Services of Seneca County, Comfort Keepers, Institutional Care Pharmacy, Mercy Hospital, PT Services Rehabilitation, Seneca County Opportunity Center, Seneca Medical and St. Francis Home.
- Employment services: Cardinal Staffing, Department of Jobs and Family Services, The Employer’s Association, Job1USA, Kelly Services, KKR Consult, Pyramid Recruiting, Renhill HR On Demand, TDH Enterprises, The Right Thing Inc., Volunteers of America and WSOS Community Action Commission.
- Higher education: Heidelberg University, Owens Community College, Terra State Community College and Tiffin University.
- Banks: First Ohio Credit Union, Old Fort Banking and Your Legacy Credit Union.
- Economic development: Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corporation and Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Services.
- Insurance: Corporate One Benefits and Hylant.
- Other: Arnold Vending, City of Tiffin officials, Davis and Newcomer Elevator Co., Eastman & Smith Ltd. Attorneys at Law, Mosser Group, Tiffin Franciscans, Tiffin-Seneca Child Care Center, Quick Tab II, United Way and Tiffin YMCA.