The industrial sector continues to invest heavily and experience strong growth. Here are some of the recent projects and announcements in manufacturing and distribution:
- American Electric Power Site Certification: The 38 acre site in the Eagle Rock Industrial Park became the fourth site in northwest Ohio to receive the Austin Consulting “Shovel Ready” Site Designation for the Food and Beverage Industry.
- American Fine Sinter: A global manufacturer of parts for the automotive, railroad, industrial machinery, and hydraulics industries with their North American headquarters in Tiffin. In November 2014, American Fine Sinter announced a $16 million expansion that will result 24 new employees and the retention of 140 employees.
- Concordance Health Care Solutions: Supply Company, headquartered in Earth City, Missouri and Seneca Medical, headquartered in Tiffin, Ohio jointly announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to form Concordance Healthcare Solutions, LLC. The combination will bring together three strong, growing and respected regional medical supply distributors. Concordance will have approximately 1,000 employees, 19 distribution centers and $1.1 billion in annual sales.
- National Machinery: A global leader in cold forming machinery and process technology headquartered in Tiffin, announced in May 2014 a $6.5 million investment and the creation of at least 20 new jobs with the retention of 294 existing The project involves an expansion of both manufacturing and research and development capacity.
- Nox Corporation: A global manufacturer that sells vinyl tile for commercial customers to use in building flooring for applications like hospitals and large offices in 50 different The South Korean company cut the ribbon on their first US factory with a total investment of $32 million and the creation of 50 new jobs.
- Taiho Corporation of America: The Japanese automotive supplier currently employs 180 and manufactures more than 120 million parts a year at its Tiffin location. Taiho announced in August 2015 an $8 million, 50-job expansion at its North American headquarters and manufacturing operation in Tiffin. The project is expected to be completed three years and brings the company’s total investment to more than $21 million since 2012.
- Tiffin Metal Products: A custom solutions provider serving the outdoor advertising, material handling and storage product industries located in In March 2015, Tiffin Metal announced an expansion that includes an investment of $750,000 and the creation of 18 new jobs with the retention of 91 existing employees.
- Webster Industries: A premier leader in industrial conveyor chain and vibrating conveyors, used in a wide variety of industries including forest products, food, automotive, cement, grain, asphalt, recycling, and steel industries. Webster announced an $8.3 million expansion and the creation of 65 new jobs. Tiffin beat out Meridian, Mississippi and northern Alabama on the expansion.