On May 18, SIEDC will hold the second annual Downtown Summit. This is an opportunity for community members to learn about completed projects, ongoing projects and future projects aimed at making downtown Tiffin a great place to live, work, own a business and thrive!
This year’s Summit will feature the unveiling of the Downtown Tiffin Strategic Growth & Development Plan, which outlines possible projects to transform downtown Tiffin. Also new this year, awards will be presented for Volunteer of the Year, Downtown Development and Lifetime Achievement in Downtown Revitalization.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Social hour.
- 6:00 – 6:15 p.m. – Welcome and 2015 overview.
- 6:15 – 6:30p .m. – Downtown committee chairs present 2016 goals.
- 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Unveiling of the Downtown Tiffin Strategic Growth & Development Plan.
- 7:00 – 7:40 p.m. – Table discussions.
- 7:40 – 8:00 p.m. – Award presentations.
The following day, May 19 from 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., SIEDC will host a workshop on the Heidelberg Campus, “The Dollars and Sense of Revitalization.” This workshop is free to Tiffin residents and is an opportunity to learn how to implement projects and will feature speakers on: historic tax credits, investor pods, easement incentives and downtown Community Development Block Grant.
To register for either event, visit TiffinSummit.com. If you have questions, please call the SIEDC office at 419.447.3831.