Downtown Summit May 6
The SIEDC Downtown Summit will be held May 6, 2015 from 4:30-8:15 p.m. at Heidelberg University’s Great Hall, 310 East Market Street.
This is your opportunity to learn about the downtown Tiffin Strategic Growth and Development Plan and hear expert speakers weigh in on topics relevant to the future of downtown Tiffin. The summit is free and open to the public.
- Topics – Topics covered will be: housing, town and gown, transportation and placemaking.
- Speakers – Speakers will be: Lisa Patt-McDaniel, Terry Foegler, Tedd Hardesty, Craig Gossman and Brad Strader. Each has exceptional knowledge on the topics to be covered.
- Registration – Follow this link to register for the event, or contact Bryce Riggs at 419.889.3932 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Survey – We want your thoughts on downtown Tiffin and what kind of development you would like to see in the future. Follow the link to take the SIEDC Downtown Survey.
About downtown Tiffin
In 2014, Downtown Tiffin is bristling with business activity. The Beehive Café, a new local “farm-to-table” restaurant opened up at the Laird Arcade, and Phoebe’s at 138 was revamped as a new “from scratch” vegetarian dining option, with monthly cooking classes. Burrito Loko continues construction on their new Mexican restaurant, with plans to open yet this year. Smith Systems, Fraser Clemens Martin & Miller, and Gem Yoga & Life Enrichment fitness studio have also hung their shingles in the downtown, and the local design firm MLAD opened “The Paper Store,” a retail shop with specialty paper products.
The Residences at 145 in the Gold Bond Building renovated their downtown apartments, and Burns Electric celebrated their 50th anniversary. The new downtown Façade Enhancement Program launched and eight projects have been approved or will soon be underway, representing more than $100,000 in building exterior improvements in the town’s core. The City of Tiffin also approved $120,000 for a downtown strategic plan update and new master plan, and Tiffin Tomorrow, the downtown revitalization organization created in 2010, officially became part of SIEDC this year. In June, we hired a new Downtown Development Coordinator, Amy Reinhart, and we became a Main Street Affiliate with Heritage Ohio.
- Destination Seneca County – information about things to do; places to eat and stay; events; and visitor info (not just downtown information, but includes all of it.)
- Tiffinohio.org – another great site for info about events, attractions, but includes photos and blogs.
- Seneca Success – listing of downtown-tagged posts (including grants, projects, Architectural Board of Review process, etc.)
- Tiffin Historic Trust – organization working for historic preservation in downtown Tiffin
- Little Box Shops – great group of downtown businesses that promote together
- Tiffin Art Guild – place downtown where local artists gather