Explore Downtown Tiffin with Blooming Artist Stroll
TIFFIN, OHIO – April 11, 2019 – Blooming Artist Stroll, the April Third Thursday event, is Thursday, April 18, with more than 20 stops featuring local artists and musicians. Participants can register for door prizes while enjoying one-of-a-kind art. The event is free and family-friendly.
Participants are encouraged to enjoy the spring weather with a stroll down Washington Street. Throughout the afternoon, musicians are to perform at Overflow, 126 S. Washington St. The Empire At 138, 138 S. Washington St., is the featured restaurant. There, Tom Hoffman of Court Street Gallery is to have some of his acrylic abstract paintings featured along with an installation of his work in main dining room.
Also, Trivia Night in Downtown Tiffin continues its new season and will start at 7 p.m. at Phat Cakes, 45 S. Washington St., Tiffin.
In addition to the door prizes, participants are reminded to fill out an entry form every time they make a purchase at a participating business for a chance to win $1,000. A winner will be chosen after December’s Third Thursday. (No limit to the number of entries per person. Employees are eligible but cannot enter at their place of employment.)
Participating businesses include:
- Clover Club, 266 S. Washington St. – Dick Rochester – wooden bowls
- Washington Street Outfitters, 186 S. Washington St. – Lynn Huenemann – watercolors
- Taylor Elchert Photography, 184 S. Washington St.
- The Empire At 138, 138 S. Washington St. – Tom Hoffman’s acrylic abstract paintings
- Viewpoint Graphics, 132 S. Washington St.
- Tiffin Art Guild Gallery, 130 S. Washington St. – Kathleen Howard – photography prints; Mariah Solomon – resin and acrylic art
- Overflow, 126 S. Washington St. – live music
- Laird Arcade, South Washington Street and Market Street – FroZone, Jolly’s and Melissa Perry Photography – Deborah Baker – watercolor; Doug Kelley – oil; Clinton Kimmet – drawings
- Reino’s, 73 E Market St. – Emily Fox – quick sketches.
- Paper and Ink, 98 S. Washington St.
- Simply Susan’s, 70 S. Washington St. – furniture painting demonstration
- Bailiwicks, 62 S. Washington St. – paintings by local artists
- Tiffin Glass Museum, 25 S. Washington St. – glass art on display
- Phat Cakes, 45 S. Washington St. – Trivia Night at 7 p.m.
- SSG Ink, 107 E. Perry St.
- The Poignon Project, 227 E. Perry St. – glass blowing demonstration
- Court Street Gallery, 33 Court St. – Tom Hoffman – acrylic abstract
- ReClaim It 127, 127 S. Washington St.
- The Renaissance, 129 S. Washington St. – Mark Levans – pottery (5-8 p.m.)
- Hawkes Crystal, 207 S. Washington St.
- Tom Rodgers Flowers, 245 S. Washington St. – crafts and jewelry
- JT’s Bagel Bar food truck parked downtown
For more information, call Mary Lewis at (419) 448-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.facebook.com/DowntownTiffinOh or www.DowntownTiffinEvents.com for other Third Thursdays and other events in Downtown Tiffin.
About Downtown Tiffin
Downtown Tiffin is an award-winning and state and nationally accredited Main Street program managed by the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and driven by volunteer business and community leaders and stakeholders passionate to make downtown Tiffin a destination. More than 50 volunteers participate in various committees. Since 2014, more than 40 new businesses have opened, and more than 65 downtown building facades have been improved. Since 2016, more than $25 million has been invested.
About the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership
Started in 1983 as the Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corp. (SIEDC), the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership is a private, non-profit corporation dedicated to driving positive economic, downtown, and community development in Tiffin and Seneca County, Ohio, which consistently ranks among the top communities nationally for economic development. Learn more about the great things going on in Tiffin and Seneca County at http://www.tiffinseneca.com.