Whereas economic development is focused on private companies making investments and creating jobs, community development is focused on public facilities and services. Things like parks, trails, schools, neighborhoods, culture, housing, food security, safety services, and much more are all considered community development.
More than 1,000 Tiffinites and Seneca County residents helped create the new Multi-Jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan – which guides community development for the next 20 years. Read here – Chapters 1-4 and Tiffin’s Chapter 5.3. The plan is currently under consideration by Tiffin City Council and is expected to be approved in early October 2020.
Share your ideas and projects to make Tiffin better.
Now we need your help! Through November 15, 2020, please submit community development project proposals for this year’s “Dream Big, Tiffin” campaign. You can also submit project ideas anytime. Contact Audrey Flood (email@example.com) with any questions.
Submit an Idea
Do you have an idea for a way to make the community better? Is there a need in your neighborhood? Is there something that you’d like to see improved in the City of Tiffin?
Ideas can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
Submit a Project
Do you or your organization have a specific, defined project plan? Are you seeking funding or support for your project? Project submission is open September 1 through November 12.
Learn more about submitting a project by clicking below, or go straight to the submission form here.
Annual Project Identification & Prioritization Process (PIPP)
Learn about the brand new process that will help us select the top projects for the City of Tiffin each year. The highest prioritized projects each year will be supported by advocates who will work to get the projects funded and completed.
Examples of Community Development Projects
Community Development projects provide benefits for the entire community.
- Public Parks & Shared Spaces
- Public Programs & Social Services
- Beautification & Public Art
- Education & Training
- Quality of Life Enhancements
Recent Community Development News
- Tiffin Community Development Initiative encourages public to ‘Dream Big’Project submission portal open through Nov. 12 TIFFIN, OHIO – Sept. 10, 2020 – On behalf of the City of Tiffin, Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership is launching a new, innovative community development initiative. For the next two months, Tiffin area residents […]
- Terra State to offer scholarships for Short Term Certificate ProgramsInformation from Terra State Community College Fremont, Ohio, August 6, 2020 – In partnership with the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Terra State Community College has announced the availability of scholarships for students enrolled in the Short Term Certification Programs. […]
- City of Tiffin applies for funds to improve Nature Trails ParkProject projected to be complete in 2021 TIFFIN, OHIO – July 7, 2020 – The City of Tiffin recently completed and submitted its application to the State of Ohio for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, with the funds […]
If you have questions, or would like to discuss community development ideas, please reach out to Development Manager, Audrey Flood at firstname.lastname@example.org.